Commonwealth Scholarships for International Students – Commonwealth is a voluntary association of 54 independent and equal countries. It is home to 2.4 billion individuals, and incorporates both high level economies and non-industrial nations.
We offer Scholarships to capable people with the possibility to have a constructive outcome on the worldwide stage whenever offered the chance to fabricate his or herself.
As a component of the UK’s continuous obligation to the Commonwealth, every year around 800 understudies are allowed the opportunity to embrace postgraduate certificates with UK colleges.
In the event that you are from a Commonwealth country and accept you could have an effect on the world yet you can’t stand to subsidize your UK concentrates on all alone, then you could be the best possibility for a Commonwealth Scholarship.
To apply for these scholarships, you must:
1. Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person.
2. Be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country.
3. Be available to start your academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September 2022.
4. By September 2022, hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) honours standard, or a second class degree (2:2) and a relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a Master’s degree).
1. Approved airfare from your home country to the UK and return at the end of your award (the CSC will not reimburse the cost of fares for dependants, nor the cost of journeys made before your award is confirmed).
2. Approved tuition fees.Stipend (living allowance) at the rate of £1,133 per month, or £1,390 per month for those at universities in the London metropolitan area (rates quoted at 2021-2022 levels).Warm clothing allowance, where applicable.
3. Thesis grant towards the cost of preparing a thesis or dissertation, where applicable.Study travel grant towards the cost of study-related travel within the UK or overseas.
4. If you are widowed, divorced, or a single parent, child allowance of £485 per month for the first child, and £120 per month for the second and third child under the age of 16, if you are accompanied by your children and they are living with you at the same address in the UK (rates quoted at 2022-2023 levels).
5. If you declare a disability, a full assessment of your needs and eligibility for additional financial support will be offered by the CSC. The CSC’s family allowances are intended to only be used as a contribution towards the cost of maintaining your family in the UK. The true costs are likely to be considerably higher. You must be able to supplement these allowances to support any family members who come to the UK with you.
Tenure and Placement
Awards are tenable at any approved UK university or higher education institution with which the CSC has a part-funding agreement (as mentioned previously) for a specific programme of research for 36 months of full-time study only.
Awards are to obtain one degree; funding will not be extended to enable candidates to complete a qualification in addition to or higher than that for which the selection was made. Awards are made in respect of full-time study only and no other course of study may be undertaken at the same time.
All parts of the application, including the three letters of recommendation, are submitted online as pdf documents. The online application is accessed through the homepage of The Commonwealth’s website. To access the application, click on the APPLY ONLINE button.